King Station, built in 1852, is believed to be Canada’s oldest surviving railway station. It was moved in 1968, and again in 1989 to the grounds of the King Township Museum.
The hamlet of Strange is named after Frederick William Strange, the Liberal-Conservative MP for York North from 1878 to 1882. Liberal-Conservative was the post-Confederation name for what became the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada.
The Sports Village is a multi-use recreational facility that offers a wide variety of spaces including 4 NHL sized rinks, an outdoor sports park, a rock climbing tower, baseball diamonds, beach volleyball courts, and more.